Enterprises came to expect that software that underpins their business can change at the speed of the market. Cloud-native technologies and modern DevOps tools enable enterprises to continuously deploy software updates across data centers and public clouds. But things often get slowed down when trying to update applications across mixed environments and large fleets of edges and IoT devices.
In theory, tools and modern delivery patterns should also work when deploying software to remote locations/devices. In practice, however, organizations discover new challenges and bottlenecks to delivery at scale — due to the different technical and operational tradeoffs inherent to edge computing, including network connectivity, security, scalability, and device management.
A new breed of software distribution and management capabilities is needed to scale delivery to the requirements of edge computing, supporting hybrid, mixed environments and network topologies across massively scalable remote devices— thick and thin.
This webinar will investigate the essential characteristics of software distribution and delivery patterns needed for scaling edge application deployment to enable speed, reliability, and security- at scale.
We will cover:
– Challenges to edge and IoT software delivery at-scale
– Key design considerations and best practices for accelerating and securing reliable application updates for edge and IoT fleets.
– Network design implications for edge delivery.
– What is software distribution and how does it impact delivery speed across thousands of targets?
– Accelerating distribution of software updates for Edge and IoT